Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done

I just can't anymore. I'm so done.

So background ... I'm 15 and been having struggles of anxiety and what I believe to be depression (immense sadness, irritation, and so on) I have always been really shy and my parents are being really cautious about COVID so is really affecting me socially.

I get upset or mad really easy. I can usually hide it but when I cant my parents make it a huge deal (like emotions are poison ruining the planet or something) For example, today I couldn't take it anymore and I started crying I stopped pretty quickly but they did not handle it good. They made it a huge deal like I try to cry and ruin the day for them. Also, I recently told them in a letter how I was feeling mentally and they did the oh we are here for you thing but it does not feel like they are. Its straining. I just want things to go back to the way they were before COVID. And i dont know what to do, I want relief mentally but the meditation my parents were suggesting did not work, journaling did some but not enough. I feel that I need something else but I also want to be on good terms with my family. I feel so lonely. And I always care about what others think. I just dont know. I need some help/guidance.

Thanks for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with anxiety and depressive symptoms. Please know that you are not alone and that many people are struggling due to loneliness and isolation caused by the pandemic. I would suggest that you reach out to your classmates or trusted adults (cousins, aunt, teacher, etc.) via a video chat or try to go outside where you can get some exercise and meet someone for a quick walk or talk. In regards to your parents, they may also be experiencing some level of worry; however, everyone deals with stress in different ways. Not better but different. It is great that you were able to get your thoughts and feelings on paper. I would continue writing to them and asking for support. Journaling is also helpful but if you feel like you need more, try reaching out to your school counselor at school. If you feel that these symptoms are worsening you can ask your parents to get you professional help. Working with a counselor or therapist may help you manage your emotions and help you put things into a different perspective. If you are clinically depressed, they will also teach you more strategies for handling your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Please know that you are not alone... and if you want to talk about this further you can call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X