Done.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done.

I grew up with an abusive alcoholic father. He always made me feel horrible about myself. He constantly told me that i wasnt good enough. It did not take me long to start believing him. My self esteem has really plummeted, and i keep trying to make myself happy, but its hard. Then my brother left when he was 16, because he went down the same path as my father. My two male figures left me for drugs an alcohol, and i always think of things i could have done to make it better.

i keep finding myself push people away from me(especially boys i like) and i end up regretting it, but i cant help myself. I feel like if i get to close to them, they will leave. I really like this guy, but i dont know what to do. Im scared to move forward, so should i take the risk?

It's not difficult to imagine that you have issues trusting or getting close to males with your history. It must be difficult dealing with 2 loved ones leaving you. The thing to remember is that just because your brother and father left your life, does not mean every male is going to leave you for drugs and alcohol and by not giving any males a chance, you're denying yourself the potential happiness of a relationship. The thing to remember is that not all relationships last, and you shouldn't expect them all to. Some are just meant to be short, others longer and others still might be really, really long term, but just because they might end and you might get sad because of that, is not a great reason to not get involved in one and enjoy the benefits of getting to know other people. This might sound like a silly example, but people get dogs knowing full well that it is likely only going to be a 7-12 year relationship because that's an average dogs lifespan. But the benefits of owning a dog far outweigh (for lots of people anyway) the saddness that will come with their eventual passing. The same is true of relationships with boys, while all the relationships won't last, you'll learn and grow from a person from all of them until you find the one that you are looking for that is right for you. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X