I Hate My Body

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate My Body

As far back as I can remember, I've never been content with myself. I've always hated having my pictures taken and I've usually avoided mirrors. Whenever there comes an event that involves me getting dressed up or even a pool party, I don't go because I don't like my body in certain clothes.
    Anyways, I'm going on vacation with my best friend in a couple of days and my mom offered to get me new bathing suits. I've always worn one-peice suits because I felt embarrassed and uncomfortable in bikinis. But my mom said that if I want, I should get some bikinis because it's more "age appropriate." All of my other friends wear bikinis and say that one-piece suits are really ugly (they don't know I wear them though). I want to be like my friends and wear bikinis and go to pool parties and have fun, but I just hate my body and I can't pull myself to do it.

This is a really difficult question to answer because there are so many issues involved around this bathing suit concern. The bottom line is you should be comfortable in what you wear, both physically and mentally. That being said, you may also want to take into consideration that you are a person above and beyond you physical looks and it would be great if you were comfortable enough in yourself to wear whatever you want without being concerned with how your body looks. At the end of the day, if you are most comfortable in a one-piece, go with it, and at the same time try working on being less hard on yourself about your looks. Be confident in who you are and not worry about what people are going to think about you. Have fun on vacation and call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

hmm...

I feel the same way. And one pieces actually are better to use for water activities. Say you went down a slide and when you came out, your bikini top had fallen off. With a one piece, that wouldn't happen. They also make cute one pieces. Try Walmart. Also if you want a two piece try a tankini.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X