Mental breakdowns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental breakdowns

A few days ago in dance, my teacher asked to talk to me privately. She talked to me about confidence and how I shouldn't let people intimidate me. That day I was really stressed out over multiple things and I honestly just wanted to burst into tears at that moment.
    However, the confidence thing is not what I am worried about though. What makes me worried is that I was litterally on the verge of a mental break down but I kept my cool for another 2 hours straight of class. When she was talking to me I just told myself that what I'm feeling doesn't matter right now and I can cry later. I do this very often and I have not cried in front of anyone in about 4 years. I just wait for the situation to end that makes me feel like bursting into tears and then when I'm alone I break down.
    Usually I like to keep my feelings to myself, but that day I wanted to tell her what I was feeling but I just held it in. This annoys me about myself and I feel it holds me back. I wish I could just live in the moment and cry when I really needed to so that it's not in the back of my head forever.

It sounds like you have been keeping a lot to yourself lately. Many people have difficulty opening up or crying in front of people. However, if you feel like you are going to have a mental breakdown it's important that you talk to someone about this. It may start with one person that you trust or feel the most comfortable with maybe this teacher or a parent. It may feel weird at first to open up to someone, but the more you do it the easier it becomes. If you feel like you want to talk to this teacher then ask her if you can meet with her privately. Maybe even tell her what happened the other day. When you are feeling stressed, upset, etc, these are not things that you need to go through alone. Living in the moment will come the more you allow yourself to express yourself. Little by little if you let people in then it will be easier to express yourself. I hope this helps. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X