life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life

For my whole life I've been the pathetic loser that everyone laughs at behind his back. I have no friends except for the other
    pathetic loser. I'm not a bad person but I sure as hell used to be and I can't show my new self around old people.

A couple weeks ago I was in a psychiatric unit for depression. It was terrifying at first, but then I actually started making friends. I felt the best I've ever been in my entire life and I thought maybe I was worth something. And then it all disappeared. You're not allowed to keep in touch with people from the unit after you're discharged. So I was at the top, but then I fell even farther than i ever did. I've been on antidepressants since then, but they don't understand. Pumping drugs into me isn't going to make me happy. I need to be around people that need me. Why am I not allowed to have friends.

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. It sounds like you are really going through a difficult time trying to fit in and make friends. Trying to fit in and make friends is an issue that many people deal with. It isn't always easy to make friends, especially if you are in a new setting or situation. Many people that go through lifestyle changes go through an adjustment period with this, and for some people the adjustment can take some time. Something to think about is that you don't have to have friendships in all aspects of your life. If you are not forming friendships at school, that may just mean that you are not finding the types of people that you would like to be friends with there, and that you need to turn to other settings to make friends.

While you may feel like a loser at the moment, because you have not found the friends you desire to be with, this does not mean that you are indeed a loser. You were infact able to form friendships in the therapy program you attended, so this shows that you are capable of making friends and that people want to be friends with you. If therapy was where you were able to form these friendships, then this may just meant that you may want to try and seek friendships in similar settings again. While you are no longer in a unit for therapy, there are lots of self-help or group therapy programs that are available to attend. You may want to try and search for friendships and support in these types of settings. You can find out from your local community center, hospital, or doctor if there are regularly scheduled therapy sessions or centers near by that you can be a part of.

You can also seek out friendships online. With the increase of technology it is totally okay to have friends that you may not physically hang out with, but that you talk to through email, gaming sites, or social media. You can try to search out these friendships by joining different forums on topics you may like, or by searching out online therapy forums. You can the list of available in person and online groups for NJ here: http://www.njgroups.org/

The ultimate thing to remember is just continue to be yourself and keep trying. If you need to talk more about this or anything else feel free to call 2NDFLOOR 24/7 at 1-888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X