Is it ok if I do this to myself?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ok if I do this to myself?

In the past (like a year or 2 ago) I used to cut myself due to all the stress of the things that were happening but after a while I started my friends found out and had a chat with me about it and after things seemed like things were getting better.

That was until a few months ago but recently I was told my condition won't be getting any better and the pain keeps getting worse and worse so much so that I cant handle it anymore if feels like I'm being ripped apart with how sore and painful it is and I started to cut myself agian because when I do my mind gets took of all the other pain and I focus on the cut instead of everything else and it seems to help me forget the fact I am in so much pain that I want to just end everything there and then and all my family issues even if it's for a short while.

I just want to know is it bad I do this? I feel guilty for doing for what I put my friends through last time and I dont want them to go through it agian but if it takes my mind of the other stuff is it bad? Am I just being selfish for choosing my own relief over their feelings? Or is it ok?

I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through a lot. So to answer your questions in general....cutting is a very unhealthy coping skill. I understand that it helps you feel better but it is best to have healthy coping skills to rely on when dealing with your feelings. Have you ever been in any type of counseling or therapy? Here are some resources that could help:
    https://butterfly-project.tumblr.com/
    www.selfinjury.com
    www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org
    www.selfharm.net
    I hope you look into these. The first one is a good place to start as a replacement behavior to the cutting. If you would like to talk about this further please call or text us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Thank you for reaching out and please take care of yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X