There's just too much pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's just too much pressure

Alright. So my parents say I have too much free time on my hands and want to cut down on it thinking its the root of all my problems. While I will agree with some of the problems I've come across, I will say it is not the root of all of my problems. They suggest items like "skim the pool" and "sweep the grass", neither of which takes up enough time because I know they'll still say "you have too much free time".

They also suggest "get a job".

I'm 13 (turning 14 this December), and I don't know a single job that'll hire 13 year olds other than maybe Six Flags that'll help me get payed. Even if, I'm probably going to get fired for "not being productive enough" because I'm addicted to the computer. There isn't much else for me to do (other than helping out around the house every now and then and being on the computer) since my parents will have to drive me places to be with friends and I really don't have many in close range (and my mom even doesn't want to see one of them), and it's hot as hell out even in the middle of august so I really can't play outside for more than 10 or 20 minutes without sweating to death.

Schools coming in about a month and I'm legitimately scared for my life since my mom told me "If you get under a B on a quiz or a test, you're getting punished" and I'm not the most productive guy in the world, and since I got punished more in the past 6 months than I usually get punished, I'm probably going to be disowned by them by the time June rolls around and with the election showing that Clinton is winning only compounds the stress on me now.

My mom also is trying to become more "tech-savvy" so she can spy on more of my shit than she already can (as in she knows my phone and laptop passwords) and delete stuff that she doesn't like (ie. 90+% of the stuff I have on my computer) and I'm considering changing both the passwords of my laptop and phone and never tell her.

It's supposed to be summer vacation but I'm feeling more stress and paranoia (I'm legitimately starting to not trust the people that brought me into this world) than 7th grade ever brought and I'm legitimately considering suicide from the pressure that's set on me at 13 that I can't reach. There's no reason why this should be happening to me.

It sounds like your under a lot of pressure and you need to vent it in an appropriate way before you explode. First things first. Suicide is never the answer to any problem. There will always be stress and pressure in life, but learning to adjust to it and succeed is a learned skill that you'll pick up over time. If you ever are considering suicide, contact the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK or the NJ Hopeline at 855-654-6735. Both those resources would be able to help you.
    As far as finding things to occupy your time, there are so many things to choose from. Ask your parents for a list of chores that would make their lives easier if you did them. Sweeping the grass sounds more like a way to kill time than actually be helpful. Do dishes, vacuum, wiping counters/tables, weed gardens, mow lawns, etc. are all ways that you could be productive and still help ease their workload around the home.
    As far as jobs, with your parents permission/knowledge, go around you local neighborhood or family members and ask if they have any odd jobs they need done that they would be willing to pay you for. Some of the same things discussed above would probably even apply. In this circumstance, you'll be being productive and getting paid.
    And when school next year is concerned, you've done well so far in prior grades, you'll likely continue to do well in 8th grade. If you feel like you are falling behind, ask the teacher to give you extra help/assignments to further your understanding. If that still doesn't help you, try asking about tutoring. Most people are capable of the work that is assigned in 8th grade, but sometimes working hard and studying isn't enough, so that extra help will be helpful.
    Remember you are in charge of your productivity, so being non-productive is totally within your control to change. It might be uncomfortable at first (most change is), but if you stick with it and keep trying, you'll probably find yourself being able to get off the computer and doing more productive things in no time. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I want to die

My parents rarely treat me like a son. They always expect more from me. My dad hates everything I like with a passion. I get one point less than an A, I get grounded for months. All I do is get yelled at these days.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that you feel like your parents don't treat you like a son that must not be easy. Hang in there! I just have to start off by saying that if you are feeling suicidal then you should call 911 or go to your local hospital's ER so you can get help right away. A professional at the hospital can do a crisis assessment and get you immediate help! You can also call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 which can help with a crisis as well. You are not alone!! I don’t know how old you are but you can also tell your guidance counselor how you have been feeling, he/she can get your parents to come in and talk together to see how you can start to communicate your feelings with them. Guidance can also help with getting outside counseling for you so that you have support. Do you have anyone that you trust that you can vent to about your frustrations in your home? Sibling? Cousin? Aunt? Uncle? Grandparent? Friend? Just remember that this too shall pass, meaning how frustrated and upset you are about your relationship with your parents can possible be mended or made easier, so never give up!! If you need further assistance then don’t hesitate to call 2NDFLOOR at any time to talk at 888-222-2228, we can get help out to you as well. We are here 24/7 to help you! You can also text us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X