Parents, Lesbian, Relationship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents, Lesbian, Relationship

I’m a lesbian and my parents are both very religious and homophobic. I often feel a lot of pressure from them. I haven’t come out to them but I’m pretty sure they’re aware. My mom calls me weird and says im confused, and it’s really hurtful. I am in a relationship and I haven’t told them yet because I fear that they’ll kick me out and I wont have anywhere else to go. At home i feel so trapped and sad and I’m not entirely sure what to do.

Thank you for reaching out. This is a very difficult situation you are in and I am sorry to hear you have to go through this. I think maybe it’s best to weigh out the pros and cons of telling your parents right now and then deciding what could be worth it for the time being. I am not sure of your age but maybe consider waiting until you are 18 and more able to take care of yourself and be on your own. I’m sorry that this can’t be easy for you since obviously it is normal to be a lesbian and something that you shouldn’t have to think twice about with opening up to your parents. If you would like to talk about this further please call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Good luck with everything.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X