I can't stop thinking about sexual details :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't stop thinking about sexual details :(

I don't know what to do, which is why I'm coming to you. 20 (F). So I keep thinking about sex, like a LOT, and in my religious, it's a HUGE sin before marriage, or to even look at any sexual content. In the past, my friends hosted a movie night to watch 50 shades of grey, and stupid me couldn't say no because I really wanted to be included. I have extreme repulsion against the whole act in general, yet when I have desires, it creates major tension. Because of the things I've seen, I just can't -- well-- unsee them. And I can't get them out of my head at times and it makes me uncomfortable. Is there something legit wrong with me? I' m kind of a prude, so I tend to think too much about the "Details" of how the "scene" teypically goes step by step, and there's a lot of curiously, but I just keep thinking of naked people doing it. I feel so icky, and I don't know if this is normal, or what to do. Please help.

Hi there thanks for reaching out to 2ndfloor. Sex is part of human nature so it is not abnormal to think about it. It sounds like since you are not typically viewing or consuming that type of content that perhaps it was shocking to you and that is why you keep thinking about it. Consensual sex is not gross or disgusting, so there is nothing wrong with you that you are thinking about it. If you feel that you continue having intrusive thoughts that are debilitating, perhaps then you could seek out therapeutic supports. If you'd like to discuss anything further you can reach out to the 2ndfloor helpline at 888-222-2228, 24/7.

Comment

Hello, this is a totally normal part of life! Sex is completely natural and nothing to ever be ashamed about. Some people think about it and engage in it more than others and some people prefer to remain asexual, and there is nothing wrong with either of those things or even falling somewhere in the middle. There is a huge stigma surrounding sex and it seems like you are just curious. Maybe try to do some research on your own to educate yourself more on sex on dating forums or educational posts. That may help to quite down your racing mind and then if that doesn't work, like the moderator suggested, therapeutic support might be able to help as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X