Scared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared

I'm bisexual, but I am very young. 12 to be specific. My mom sort of out me earlier this year. She is ok with the idea but is still very concerned. So concerned I don't think that she is ok with me. She is always saying stuff like "I heard that bi people are just gays in denial" or "your still young so it might be a phase". Being followed by "But I love you either way". Those things are getting to my head. What if it is just a phase? What if I'm just gay? Also stuff like, what if my friends don't like me? I'm just scared for the near future. Like middle school and high school. I just don't know how to handle all this.

First of all I am glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. I think that your mother is trying to support you but doesn't really know how. I understand that you are concerned with what may happen in the future at school but please do not worry about that now. How is everything with your friends now? If they do not know of your sexuality, you do not have to tell them until you are ready. I would like to give you some resources that you can share with your mother if you feel comfortable doing that. Otherwise just just check them out. They will help you understand what you're feeling and you will also know that you're not the only one going through this. Please check these websites and hotlines out. The Gay/Straight National Hotline - 888-843-4564 and their website- www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline, also The Trevor Project- website- www.trevorspace.org. Please reach out to us with any other questions and concerns. We are available by message board, text or phone 24/7. Our number is 888-222-2228. Good luck and don't hesitate to reach out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X