Gay/transgender

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay/transgender

My family knows I am transgender, but how to come out at school? I dress like a normal girl, but I really want to show myself, cut my hair short, and (maybe?) bind my... You know.

How do I do this at school?! I'm afraid. Do I just go for it

You seem to have so much confidence in yourself, which is great! First of all let me just say that you are not obligated to "come out" to anyone that you do not feel comfortable doing so with. So if you do not feel 100% confident with doing it then give yourself some time to think it over. Also, perhaps it would be helpful to talk to your family or trusted friends about your thoughts about coming out and see what they say. Maybe even write down what are the pros and what are the cons so you definitely have a plan that you are comfortable with, even do a roll-play with a friend or call 2NDFLOOR and we can do that too.
    In regard to your physical appearance, if you have accepted yourself for who you are then it is completely up to you how you choose to dress.
    A resourceful website is http://www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline - this is the Gay and Lesbian National Hotline which also has a number at (888) 843-4564 or please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help and support!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X