Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Alright, well this is my first time on here, but I'm gay, and I really want to tell my mom. I think she has a clue, and I really want to tell her, but I dont want to start any issues with religious family members. I am out to several friends, and a lot of people think im gay, in fact I just did a presentation on why to leagalize gay marriage. Help?

First, you do not have to come out to your mom if you are not 100% secure with doing it. It is an extremely personal choice and it is one that you alone can only make. However, just think about the “what if” outcome, meaning what if your mom has an issue with what you say, how will you feel or react? Maybe come up with a plan of how you will respond if there is a negative reaction. Maybe even role-play what you would say with the friends you told and see if that helps or you can call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228, we can also role-play.

If you decide to tell your mom, then possibly see if a friend would come with you to talk to her, or see if your guidance counselor can meet with her with you. It may help to mediate the conversation, if necessary. Here is a resourceful link for the Gay and Lesbian National Hotline as well; http://www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline and the number is -888- 843-4564.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X