Losing a friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing a friend

In the beginning of December I told one of my best friends (over text) that I had a crush on a girl. She responded with "that's great" However, I think she's like weirded out by me or something because it's been alomost 5 months and we haven't really talked or hung out since before I told her. It makes me sad because we were super close and we would talk every day but now we don't even say hi to eachother in the hallways at school. I never officially came out to her (I identify as bisexual now) but I didn't feel like I needed to label myself at the time. Should I talk to her about it or should I just us keep drifting apart? I don't want her to feel like I'm forcing her to be friends with me if she doesn't want to but at the same time, I don't want her to think I don't want to be friends with her anymore, because I do.

That's tough. It's unfortunate that she reacted this way, especially being one of your best friends. Since it is on your mind to talk to her I would say go for it. What if she possibly reacted that way because she thought that maybe she was the one that you had a crush on...not that this would make her reaction okay but it would definitely make the situation different. Even if this is not a possible reason it may still be a good idea to talk to her to just see what she is thinking. Then you could at least have more of a validation as to whether your friendship can continue or not. Even if it's not something that happens right away she could just need time to become more open minded to your sexual orientation and accept it. Also, if you initiate talking to her at least you will put it out there that it is not you that doesn't want to be friends with her anymore. If you would like to talk about this further you can call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X