Transgender Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender Issues

Everytime I look in the mirror, I fall a little bit deeper into depression. I am female-to-male transgender. I am 15 years old and no, it is not a phase. I have been this way my whole life. My family likes to make fun and joke about it and they don't realize how much it hurts. I suffer from major depression and every night is a struggle not to cut myself. My self-image issues make me break down and nobody knows. When i get home from school and get changed and nobody else is home I will end up looking in the mirror and nearly start screaming at myself. I hate having breasts. Wearing 2-3 sports bras is so uncomfortable and I have horrible red marks on my shoulders because I've been doing so. I don't know how to ask my mom to buy me a breast binder. I know she would but she is just hates that i'm not normal and asking and the process of picking one out and the questions would be stressful. I came out almost a year ago and she still refuses male pronouns and uses my preferred name to mock me. My siblings are the same and my dad is oblivious to everything and in his own little world. What do I do? I don't know why she is denying this when I have always been this way and haven't really changed at all.

Have you ever tried telling your family just how much their jokes hurt you? Sometimes people may think you are ok with the jokes if you don't tell them how serious you are. If your Mom is not comfortable with buying a breast binder, do you have someone else in your life you could ask? An older sibling? An Aunt? Or do you know someone who has purchased one themselves? In life, you cannot change other people, you can only change yourself and how you deal with others. If you family is not supportive, find support elsewhere. Start by checking out some of the links in the Getting Help section of our website. We offer several links to websites that are support systems to people in the LGBTQI community. See if any of them are helpful to you. You can always tell your family how they are hurting you, but you can't make them change their behaviors. Maybe if they see how much they are hurting you, they will think about what they are saying before they say it. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X