Ready

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready

umm hi. this is my first post. okay so i am bi and i realized so about 4 year ago (im 14 now). i came out to two of my friends last night and they were both totally cool with it. but idk how to come out to my other friends and family. im muslim and being that im also a girl it is innappropriate and frowned upon. my parents have always told me that it was a sin and that those who are attracted to the same sex will burn in hell. my friends think that people who are bi are stupid and that you either like the same sex or not. i just need some advice on how to ease everyone in on this big change for me. please pleas pleas respond ASAP

First, you are not obligated to "come out" to anyone that you do not feel comfortable doing so with. Just make sure you think things through, meaning think about “what if” my parents kicks me out of the home when I tell them. Do you have somewhere else to go? Do you have a backup plan? I am not trying to discourage you from telling them, but rather trying to help you think about possible outcomes. Sometimes people’s reactions are not what we hope they would be. If you do decide to talk to your parents, try to plan it out ahead of time. Think about what you would want to say!

Perhaps you can say something like "I have wanted to talk to you for awhile about my sexuality, but I have been afraid you might kick me out. I have known for some time that I am bisexual.” You can even see if a friend would come with you to talk to them, or see if your guidance counselor can meet with them with you. It may help to mediate the conversation, if necessary. You can also even try role-playing a conversation with a close friend or a 2NDFLOOR counselor.

Some helpful resources you might want to look up are the Gay and Lesbian National Hotline@ http://www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline. The number there is (888) 843-4564. The other resource is Hitops @ www.hitops.org. If you ever need to talk at anytime call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228. I hope that helped you! Good Luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X