This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshman

I'm fourteen and a freshman in high school (girl). I'm pretty sure I'm bi. At my school, we have a program where the freshmen homerooms meet with seniors every week. My "leaders" are two girls and a guy. I don't know how it happened, but somewhere I started to really like one of the girls. She's so pretty and sweet and nice and smart and basically perfect. The good thing is, she's bi.

So one night, I had the "brilliant" idea to get a fake number from a messaging app and text her. (She and the other leaders gave the class their numbers.) Per my friend's suggestion, I said "i really really like you (:" which I understand could totally come off as creepy. We had a relatively short conversation, in which, looking back, I see that I embarrassed myself a few times by being awkward. Then, she figured out I was one of her kids in the freshman/senior program.

When she asked me if I was, I said "Maybe", and she said "I'm gonna take that as a yes". A few days later, she asked again and I said "I'd rather not say." She then seemed suspicious that it was a prank. She asked me: "Why tell someone you like them if you don't want them to know who you are?" And that one really stumped me. A few days later, I admitted that I was from her group. She seemed to become a lot more understanding at that point.

When we met with our leaders during lunch, she told us a story that the boy who only speaks Spanish (she speaks English and Spanish.) texted her and asked her out. So later that day I texted: "I hope I'm not creepy like [his name]". She laughed it off and said that I was not.

This morning, after our meeting...

Me: Do you know who I am?
    Her: Not really. There were a couple girls who had their phones out
    Me: Okay
    Her: Can I guess?
    Me: Sure
    Her: Are you [my name]?

I still haven't responded. I have absolutely no idea what to say. I know that my chances with her are extremely slim, and now things are probably going to be awkward between us, but she does mean a lot. There are only three weeks left in this program, so theoretically I could wait that long to reply.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Thanks for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR for help! There seem to be a few dynamics going on here. First, it is important to point out the obvious age difference between you two. In NJ, the age of consent for relationships/sexual intimacy is sixteen years old, meaning that if this was pursued there may be legal consequences for her. It seems like you need to sort out your feelings about her and decide what the best thing to do in this situation is. Typically, honesty is the best way to handle situations. You may even want to consider talking to a friend or someone that you trust for help with this. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X