Bisexual?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bisexual?

I don't know if I'm bisexual. I usually like guys, but I can see my self with girls and I wouldn't be surprised if I was bi. I know my mom would support me and my friends, but I don't know about my dad. I really care about his input and I love him a lot. I asked him if he would support me and instead of a straight answer he said, "We don't need to worry about that because you are not bi, you talk about boys all the time" I don't know what to do about that or if he would support me. What should I say to him to make him understand?

Honestly you don't have to say anything to him right now to make him understand simply because you "don't know" if you're bisexual. I think it's great that you approached your dad with the idea of...and I also don't think your dad's response is so bad. It's not like he scolded you or used hurtful words. You need to give it time. For one, you are still figuring yourself out. And for two, what is the point of trying to make your dad understand right now if you don't even understand yourself? Don't put pressure on your need to figure out your sexuality either. Let the natural flow of time, experience, and growth just play itself out. If you would like to talk about this further you can call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X