Parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents

I really want to come out to more people but I'm nervous. I have no doubt in my mind that my family will accept because coincidentally I have two moms. I know there's not a "best" way of coming out but I want to think of a way where I do it super casually (like almost so casual that they might not even realize what I just said). I feel like if I don't do it that way then they will make a big deal out of it (in a good way) and ask me questions and talk about it with me. I get really uncomfortable and anxious for some reason whenever people want to talk to me about something important or serious and I don't know why.

It can definitely be hard and nerve –racking to come out to people. If you want to do it in a really causal way you could work it into a normal conversation. You can tell your family in the middle of dinner, or say it to some friends while you’re casually hanging out. There’s an abundance of options. You’re friends and family might have some questions of their own, but if you try to keep it casual then maybe they will too. The Trevor Project would also be a good resource for more information and advice on coming out. It is an organization that provides help for gay, bisexual, lesbian, and transgender individuals. Their website is www.thetrevorproject.org. If you want to talk more don’t hesitate to call/text 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X