Coming Out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Out

I recently found out that one of my best friends of three years is super homophobic and believes lgbt+ have mental disorders and are disgusting and stuff. Identifying as bisexual, I am really annoyed and pissed. I've asked him why he says homophobic and offensive things like that but he kind of just ignores me whenever I ask. The only thing stopping me from not being friends with him is that he's dating one of my other best friends and if I were to tell him I'm bisexual or say that I don't want to be friends anymore, it would cause problems between his girlfriend and him and I. I really want to come out to more of my friends but I'm afraid of what people will think and say. (I am out to his girlfriend btw)

That is a really tough situation. One thing that's for sure is you can't let his beliefs control when you want to come out to more of your friends. If he truly is one of your best friends he will apologize and support you. Who knows- you could even be the one to help change his views. On the other end of it-the worst case scenario- is that it ruins a friendship...this is just going to be a risk that you may want to think about taking because being bisexual is a big part of who you are and you should be proud of that and not want to hide it because of another's opinion(best friend or not). I understand that you are also close with his girlfriend but again if she is a true friend then your friendship should continue-just possibly in a different way. If you would like to talk about this further please call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Best of luck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X