Nervous/Scared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nervous/Scared

So I figured out I was bisexual in the beginning of 7th grade when I had a crush on a girl that was in my class. I am now in 8th grade and I don't know how to tell my mom. I've already told my dad and he accepts me. The only reason I am worried is because my mom is the type of person to judge the smallest thing about you. I don't want her to not accept me or target me more than she already does. I told my dad I wanted to find a way to tell her myself because I thought it would be better if she heard it from me. I don't know what to do.

Its nice to hear that your dad is a supportive person in your life. You mentioned that your mom is not always accepting so it sounds like it would be good to ask your dad to be there when you are ready to tell her. This is a very personal choice so whe the time feels right to you to share this with your mom you'll know. I hope this helped some and here are some resources that may also be helpful for you:
    Gay & Lesbian National Hotline (888) 843-4564 www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline ;
    The Trevor Project for GLBT & Questioning Teen (866)488-73867 www.thetrevorproject.org and www.trevorspace.org ;
    National GLBT Talk Line (800) 246-7743 www.youthtalkline.org ;
    Please give us a call at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline if you would like to talk about this further. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us. Best of luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X