super confused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super confused

i think i might be bi. I'm 15 and i can't tell if I'm attracted to both girls and boys or just one gender. I don't even know what a crush feels like anymore. I think i have a crush on a guy right now, but i don't know exactly how i feel about girls as of now. i think i could talk to my friends or mom about this (she's cool about LGBTQ stuff) but id feel awkward bringing it up especially since she's likely to talk to my dad about it and i don't really want him knowing about this until I'm completely confident in understanding me and my sexuality. so... am i bi or straight? or something else? can i and should i talk to my mom about it?

I'm really glad you're reaching out to get some support, since it sounds like it could be a confusing time for you right now. It's common for individuals in their teen years to consider where their sexual orientation lies. Having some feelings of attraction for both males and females is fairly normal and understandable. At age 15 your body and mind are most likely still adapting to the surge of hormones that come along with puberty, so it's natural for different feelings of attraction to arise during this time. The great news is that you don't have to be in any rush to make a concrete decision about your sexuality. It's perfectly okay to be unsure right now, and for as long as you'd like to be. Additionally, it's perfectly okay to not choose to define yourself with any of these labels. Here's an article/website that it might be helpful for you to explore:

http://sexetc.org/info-center/post/h...oking-at-them/

It sounds like exploring your sexuality is something you'd like share with someone you trust. It's understandable that you may not be ready to share this with your dad right now. It might be helpful for your mom to understand that you'd like some of the information you share with her to be kept between the two of you for the time being. Expressing that you find the safe space between the two of you to discuss personal feelings to be really meaningful might help her understand. Ultimately it is your choice to share your feelings with your mom. Regardless, it sounds like your friends might be a safe first choice if you're still unsure about sharing with you mom. Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline! Please don't hesitate to call or text us 24/7 at 888-222-2228 if you need any further support!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X