Why Can't She Understand?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Can't She Understand?

I've come out as a lesbian to most of the people in my school. On multiple occasions, I've questioned whether or not I'm a lesbian or bisexual. People tell me that I should wait to label myself until I've had more experience, which I completely understand. Adults keep telling me that "it's just a phase", but there's no doubt that I am attracted to girls. When I picture my future, I marry a woman. I don't want to be with a man, that's why I tell everyone I'm gay. I guess I tell myself that it won't matter in the long run, even if I'm slightly attracted to guys, because I don't plan on marrying one. Maybe it's my crave for diversity, but I want a biracial lesbian family. I am determined to be unique. I used to worry if that was the only reason I "liked" girls, but I feel like it's more than that. I am genuinely attracted to them. I shut the idea of me being bisexual down, because I had originally come out as bi, but then quickly shifted to a lesbian. I'd hate to go back again, even if it was true. Maybe I worry about what people might think of me when I change back and forth, but mostly I want my family to take me seriously. My mother already doesn't believe me and she thinks I'm doing this for attention. It's really hard, I know my family would support me either way, but I want them to take me seriously now. I think they'll believe me once I get a girlfriend, but I live in a very conservative area. I swear, the entire state is devoid of gays...

I am glad that you reached out to 2ndfloor. Sometimes adults and even young people do not understand LGBT issues and they may think you are going through a phase. You know how you feel and what you want. Don't let anyone tell you how to feel or who to date. It might not be easy, and people might say things to you, but you have to be with who you want know matter what their sex is. Please check out the following resources: www.thetrevorproject.org, or pflag.org. If you are in NJ or NY, pflag is a good organization that will help your family understand what you are going through. You can always contact 2ndfloor by phone or text if you would like to discuss this any further. Please reach out and good luck. Our number is 888-222-2228 and we are available 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X