Orlando

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando

I am Latino and gay and I see that most of the victims of the Orlando shooting were too. Nobody in my family knows I'm gay but now everyone is talking about Orlando and saying how bad they feel that I think maybe I can tell them about me. I don't know what to so

It is very sad what happened in Orlando. Our hearts go out to everyone who was affected by this terrible tragedy. The LGBTQIA community has many support groups out there if you are feeling like you need to talk about coming out so finding a local group might be beneficial to you. The Human Rights Campaign website is excellent for finding support and they have a beautiful tribute for the Orlando victims right now as well. As far as when to come out, it is really important to decide when the right time is for you to tell your family about your sexuality. Telling them is a personal decision, which is different for everyone so don’t feel pressured, just take your time. If you decide that you are completely ready then it would be helpful to plan ahead. Give yourself some time to try to sort out your thoughts and what the different outcomes of telling your parents could be. You can try role-playing a conversation with us at 2NDFLOOR if you want so call us anytime at 888-222-2228! If you are looking for other people to talk to about this, check out www.thetrevorproject.com and their Trevor Space program. Some other websites and numbers are; The National GLBT Talk Line website @ http://www.youthtalkline.org/ or call (800-246-7743), The Gay and Lesbian National Hotline @http://www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline and their number is (888) 843-4564 or the other is Hitops & that website is www.hitops.org. I Hope this helps and if you want to talk about this or anything give us a call we are here 24/7!!
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 06-20-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X