Acceptance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptance

Today one of my best friends told me that he thinks same sex marriage is weird and disturbing, but I'm bisexual/queer and I was thinking of telling him (before I found out his opinion) but now I'm not so sure. I've only told one person and they took it extremely great and I just don't want to lose this friend or make him be "disturbed" of me.

I can understand why your worried about telling your friend after his comments. Listen, there is always going to be a chance that when you open up to people about our sexuality they won't understand or they won't support you. Just think about your relationships with this friend. Has he been there for you in the past? Has it been easy for you to talk to him about other things? Do you trust him? You did start to open up to one friend who you trusted so maybe mention your concerns to that friend about coming out to the this friend, see what they say. Either way it is your choice but just think through the outcomes so that no matter what happens you can be okay with it! I hope this helped some. You could also check out http://lgbt.foundation/information-a...g-out-support/ for ideas on how to come out, for other support and information. If you want to talk more about this we are always here so give 2NDFLOOR a call 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X