Am I In This Fight Alone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I In This Fight Alone?

I am bisexual. It feels good just saying it. I'm grateful, my parents are supportive of me, most people don't have that. But having support at home is one thing. At school, my peers pick on me. The words they use to describe me are horrendous. I had only came out to a couple of friends, now the whole school knows. I've always been a very diverse and confident individual, I usually get bullied for that. Most of the time, I just let the negative comments roll off, but when it comes to my sexual orientation, I just can't. It's always been hard for me to make friends, now it's impossible. As the bullies progressively get worse, the bystanders multiply. Yet, no one does or says anything. I can't escape the hate and discrimination. It follows me into classrooms, hallways, and the cafeteria. Am I in this fight alone?

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. Coming out can be a difficult experience and it's wonderful to hear how supportive your family is being. That being said you should not have to feel this way at school. Kids/teens can be very cruel when they don't understand something. It can be easier to make fun of someone that actually understand the situation. I can't change their behavior but hopefully we can give you some resources that will help. First, report these instances to your school. New Jersey has very strict bullying laws and since you are being bullied for your sexual orientation that can be considered discrimination. These students need to know that what they are doing is wrong and there are serious consequences for their actions. If your school is not taking these seriously there are other steps you can take http://www.stopbullying.gov/get-help-now/index.html There are also resources online where you can connect with other individuals that have experienced this as well along with more bullying resources. http://www.glbthotline.org/ http://www.stompoutbullying.org/inde...helpchat-line/ This is not something that you should go through alone, we are here to help you in any way that we can!! If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

You are not alone

Hi, I'm 15 years old, and I'm gay, unlike you, I didn't come out to any of my friends because I'm to scared.
      Life in high school is hard, and if your struggling with your sexual orientation...then it's even harder.
      I think the next big step that society needs to make is accept all the different sexual orientations (bisexuality, homosexuality, asexuality,pansexuality...).
      I had problems with bulling to. And I reached a Psicologist. That really helped, because he made me realize that almost everything was in my head, and that life wasn't over just because a bunch of bullies. It took time and effort, but now I think I can survive high school.
      As I said at the beginning, your not alone, Im shure there are a lot of bisexual people and homosexual people in your school, you just need to have faith in your self and don't let anybody else make you feel bad.
      Who knows... maybe I'm in the same school as you.
      Remember that if you are already down, you can only go up.
      Best wishes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X