is this verbal abuse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this verbal abuse?

my mother is always making me feel like anything i do is never good enough. i can't get a B without her saying that i 'know i can do better' and 'i'm just not trying hard enough'. i recently told her that i want help for my depression and anxiety, since it eats away at me every day. i've been dealing with these ever since i could remember which was depression at about 7 and anxiety at 11 (i'm 14). i confided in her about how my dad makes me feel like crap sometimes and how i just wish my life was a bit better and i wasn't depressed all the time.

she asked me why i was depressed. idk why, i just am. there's no specific reason. she said what am i depressed about. idk. she yelled at me for that and said if idk why, what's the big deal? she then said i'd never get a job if i was labelled as insane. she said they'd lock me up in a mental institution, and she said the meda don't help. she then came over and yelled at me even more and even told my dad everything i told her in confidant. it just makes me rly sad that she keeps dismissing my disorders that i know i have.

it's been more than a month and she hasn't called. i think she blocked my number. i just want to know if this is verbal abuse and if she's actually right. pls reply soon.

I’m sorry to hear you’re upset. That must be a tough spot to be in! Family relationships can be very challenging and difficult at times. Unfortunately we can't control other people's behaviors no matter how much you try. It does sound like your mom is not understanding or hearing what you are trying to say to her and that can't feel good. Let me just say that your feelings are valid, it does seem like your mom is being hard on you and not respecting your feelings. If you feel that you are depressed then reach out to your guidance counselor at school, he/she can provide a safe space for you to talk about your feelings. Your counselor can even act as a third party if you want to bring either of your parents in to talk. Again, I know it must be frustrating and hurtful to have a parent treat you like that so try to take care of yourself emotionally. Talk to someone you trust and vent, maybe a trusted friend or relative, stay active & try to journal your feelings. I hope this has helped some. If you feel that it is unbearable and that your mom’s emotional abuse is too much, call Department of Child Protection and Permanency @ (877) 652-2873.
    If you want to talk ever, call 2NDFLOOR anytime @ 888-222-2228 or you can text us daily from 4-8pm. Keep your head up!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X