Help me I'm so confused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me I'm so confused

Hi, I need help... I have always thought I was different but I never knew how... over the past 3 years I have contemplated the idea of me being bi sexual or lesbian but never acted on it... but recently I have been getting stronger urges towards girls and when I talk to boys I have feelings for I don't feel the same way... It really scares me and I don't know what to do... I told my neighbor who is my best friend and he wants to set me up with his step sister who is an out lesbian but my family is not accepting of gays and I'm scared to say that I am bi/gay because my family is very rude and obnoxious when it comes to that stuff and I feel so confused and scared and freaked out... I don't know what to do please help me

Hi. I understand why you are confused and scared. You have a lot of different thoughts and worries going on inside your mind right now. But your feelings are your feelings and it is most important to know that you are not doing anything wrong. Especially because it is who you are or are becoming. You need to first focus on yourself right now and figure out what you want and go with it. Then deal with your family next. If you already know that your family is not accepting because of comments they have made then ..yes it will definitely be hard to be honest with them but just take it step by step. When the time feels right maybe there is one person in your family who you would feel most comfortable speaking about it with first. This way hopefully you can have one person on your side and feel the support. If not, maybe a close relative or a friend. You can even try going to your counselor at school for some extra support and guidance. Here are some resources that may also be helpful for you:
    Gay & Lesbian National Hotline (888) 843-4564 www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline ;
    The Trevor Project for GLBT & Questioning Teen (866)488-73867 www.thetrevorproject.org and www.trevorspace.org ;
    National GLBT Talk Line (800) 246-7743 www.youthtalkline.org ;
    The Safe Schools Coalition (877) 723-3723 www.safeschoolscoalition.org
    Please give us a call at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline if you would like to talk about this further. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Best of luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X