Coming out and upset.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming out and upset.

Hello, I just wanna say one thing before I start. This site has helped me and so many people out and it's really a lovely website. Thanks a lot for that . Okay, so, I am born female, but I identify as genderfluid. I have told my mum and sister. My mum doesn't call me by my preffered name and pronouns and doesn't even care about my feelings. She also teases me about it. My sister refuses to believe it's true and barely tries to call me what I like. I also identify as pansexual. My mum and sister barely care and still also refuse to believe this is true. In public, people misgender me. I don't know what more I can do to pass as male (which I am most days) and it's becoming over whelming. I have two other brothers and a dad who don't know yet.. And I have no idea when I should try to tell them. I know you should do it when you are comfortable, but I just don't know when that will ever happen. I am very depressed, as I don't have much of a support system, considering I have no friends and I'm not not close with family obviously, and I have counselors that don't listen to ANYTHING I say. So I guess you could say I am really looking for support. Anyways, thank you very much for being there for teens around the world who need help.

I’m sorry you’re feeling down, it must be hard to feel unaccepted by your family. It's too bad that your family has difficulty accepting you for who you are. Sometimes in life you cannot do much to change other people's perceptions, but you can change how you react to them. Here’s a good motto to live by, “What other people think about me is not my business,” meaning people are always going to have an opinion and the only one that matters is your own! There is no reason to be embarrassed and you also don't have to explain yourself to people when they ask. We all have different preferences. It often takes time to develop our sexual identity and everyone questions it at some point so don’t be down on yourself. Perhaps it would be helpful to take a step back and not focus on explaining yourself or labeling yourself right now because it might be adding some additional pressure or frustration for you. Take your time in sorting your feelings out.
    If you are looking for other people to talk to aside from your counselor, check out www.thetrevorproject.com and their Trevor Space program. You can also check out the website www.sexetc.org or The National GLBT Talk Line website @ http://www.youthtalkline.org/ or call (800-246-7743). Please remember, things might be unhappy right now, but give it a chance. Everyone goes through hard times, and the teenage years can be especially rough, but stick it out. Sometimes (not always) people's feelings can change too. If you need to talk more call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text 2NDFLOOR any day from 4-8pm at 908-280-0235 from 4-8 pm.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 08-12-2015, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X