I try but the words don't come out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I try but the words don't come out

Hi. I'm so confused right now. I recently came out to my mom and sister (not my dad or brother) as being pansexual and genderqueer and they are completely accepting. However, I thought I was ready to come out but now I'm regretting it. Whenever they try to talk to me about anything simple about it like what haircut I wanna get or what clothes I want, I get extremely uncomfortable and shut down. I know what I want but for some reason I can't say it. I thought I was ready to talk about it but I realize I am terrified of talking about anything on the subject of anything remotely close to to the fact that I am queer. What should I do? I'm so frustrated because I really want a shorter haircut and more masculine clothes but I can't verbalize it. How can I talk?

This does seem like a confusing position to be in. Perhaps you can just tell them how you feel. You may want to say something like "I appreciate that you have been so accepting of me, but I realized I am not comfortable talking right now about it, but I will come to you when I feel ready." Saying something like this explains that you aren't ready to talk, but it leaves it open to discussion when you are ready. You may even want to consider writing your mom and sister a letter to express yourself, that way you don't have to verbalize it. Sometimes it is easier to express yourself when it is all written down. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more support. Good luck =)

Comment

i did

i came out in a letter. I did say so but then they had questions that i can but cant answer...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X