Transgender

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender

My friend told me that she is transgender just the other day, what does that mean?? I totally respect everyone no matter who they are but I just wanted to know because I think that as her friend I should know what that means to support her. During the summer she never wanted to go to the beach with me just because she didn't want to wear bikini, does that have something to do with it?? Please tell what transgender means cause I need to know as her friend. Thanks

It is great that you are trying to learn more about this and that you are supporting your friend. Transgender means that someone's genitals and internal sense of gender doesn't line up. For example, someone who was born with a penis may have an inner sense that says "But I am a girl." Her not wanting to wear a bikini may have had something to do with that or it may not have. Have you considered asking her 1. about the beach situation over the summer and 2. about her being transgendered. Hearing it from her point of view may clarify some of your questions. There is a really great website www.sexetc.org. Click on "sex ed" then "info center." You can look up facts on LGBT. There is a lot of really great information on there, or you can call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X