Dating Site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Site

My mom recently caught me on a lesbian dating site and she still thinks she can change me into a straight girl. What should I do?

Dating Sites

I am sorry to hear that you and your Mom are going through a difficult time right now. Please remember that your Mom is still your Mom, she loves you and wants you to be happy. However, it may take time for her to adjust to your sexual orientation. Unfortunately, there are many misconceptions about members of the LGBT community. Misinformation often breeds undue fear and shame, which are certainly not healthy alternatives. One of the best ways to help her with that is through education and good communication between the two of you. http://teensource.org/relationships/family is a good place to get ideas on how to start conversing with parents in a healthy way. In addition, try to share information (together, if possible) from credible resources like http://community.pflag.org/Page.aspx?pid=194&srcid=-2 where she could better understand what your orientation means for you, concerning issues you may encounter, and to find support, if needed. This could help to foster a healthier relationship between you and your Mom. I would suggest you give her time to adjust, so she can help guide you as you develop into a positive and healthy young lady. Try to keep open, honest communication, as best as you can. Her support can be invaluable.

You didn’t mention your age in your post, but I would caution you about using inappropriate dating sites for safety reasons.

If you want to talk further, please feel free to call or text 2NDFLOOR (1-888-222-2228) at any time. Our counselors would be more than happy to assist you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X