Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I cant look people in the eye anymore, then I must have stage fright...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I cant look people in the eye anymore, then I must have stage fright...

I am in middle school, officially a high school student. I am loved by "some" of my friends, and when I started middle school, I made tons of enemies. many people did not like me because of who I am. They thought that I was wierd in a bad way, a klutz, clumsy and shy and quiet. Typing this actually makes me want to cry, because before these people, I was a happy kid. So there was a talent show, that I had been waiting for since the first day of school. Singing is my thing. I always loved it. And actually I sing like professionals! Last year, I had stage fright, because I thought that people were making fun of the way I talk and my intellect, and how stupid I lookedd "up there". Earlier This year, I did overcome it. So the talent show was important to me, because it was my only chance to let the people know that I am capable of it. It was as if they were daring me, thinking that" OMG, she can sing? Since when?" So it was like my only chance to "show off" since I am shy and I wanted to change this image. Many people said that I did a great job, but I did not like it because my voice cracked up so it sounded bad to me. I was embarassed. I needed to do anything to get out of class. Now I feel real empty, nothing to be excited for, or to be proud of. I could not even look people in the eye. I made my friends excited for nothing. There was also some criticism my friend told me about that they heard. Now people who did not meet me, can already judge me. And first imprission does not change. What should I do? I am negative now and I have stage fright? Please help me

It is okay and perfectly normal to feel stressed about the demands of school or having stage fright in front of the entire school. Listen, don’t worry about what others negative comments are because people who do that are either jealous or too afraid to get up on the stage themselves! Remember, since you can't do anything to change the past and what has already happened, you can use it as a stepping stone. You did not like the way you sounded, but that is okay you can practice. Everyone has moments that they feel can be improved. Even movie stars fall down accepting an Oscar, so don’t be so hard on yourself.
    It also may be helpful to start by talking to your parents or your guidance counselor about the anxiety that you have during school. It really helps to get out your feelings!
    Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help! Good luck with your singing and keep your head up!
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 06-23-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X