Stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress

I put a lot of stress on myself to do well in school. I play 2 sports, and am involved in a lot of activities and am in the highest level classes offered. My counselor and another teacher think i should give up something (lower my course-load, quit a sport, or stop being so involved) but I don't know what to stop or even if i want to. I have high anxiety and recently had an anxiety attack due school work and am constantly unhappy and have thoughts of suicide. I dont know what to do and give up or who to talk to.

It sounds like there are a lot of stressors in your life! First, suicide is never the right way to cope with a problem! If you think you are suicidal, it is really important to reach out to someone that you trust for help with this, like your teacher, guidance counselor, parents, or a family member. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255. Second, if you think that school and all of these activities are causing you stress and anxiety, then maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to cut back a little, if you think that will help. It sounds like you are still a little unsure, so maybe it would be helpful to think about if you do want to cut back on something and which activity you would cut back on. Perhaps you can even learn some time-management strategies to manage your time for homework and studying. This may help with feeling stressed and overwhelmed. For example, you can get a calendar and set a routine for each day of the week (example: studying math from 4-5pm during the weekdays). Lastly, don't neglect you! It is so easy to become stressed, but find something that you enjoy and that helps you relieve stress, like exercising, reading, hanging out with friends, etc. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

I am sure there a lot of people that care about you. Sometimes opening up on here can help to.

Comment

bulllied

It is not fun to be bullied in school and on the internet it hurts a lot

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X