Parents ruining my life over homework

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents ruining my life over homework

I haven't been doing so good in school because ive been sad about my parents friends family girlfriend all putting stress on me and I recently realized that I love my girlfriend but since im doing bad in schhol my parents took my phone and wont let me talk to her and now im even more sad.

I am a parent and came across your post when I was looking through the site for resources I can give my daughter to turn to. It caught my attention because we have similar issues at home. I am not sure what your family situation is, but I can tell you from my experience with my daughter that when I take her phone it is because it is the only way I can get a response from her. No other punishment phases her. Believe me, I sometimes think it is harder for me when I take her phone, with all the attitude and crying that ensues. It may sound cliche', but truly, I would't do it if I didn't love her. As parents we have a responsibility to help guide you in the right direction. It is soooo much harder with all the technology and social media out there today. I have 3 children in their 20's and it was much easier to ground them! Nowadays with my youngest daughter, unless I take her phone she will just go to her room in her own world with twitter, instagram and all the social media sights teens are on. Have you tried sitting down with your parents and explaining to them why it is difficult for you in school right now? If you write down what is going on with you so wont forget and speak to them and ask them to please hear what you are saying you may be surprised by their response. Are you trying in school and it is just to difficult? Has something happened that is making it to difficult to concentrate? Do you just not feel like it? What happened in your life that is causing you to just not feel like it.
    You are good person. I think writing the post as you did shows that you are looking for an answer. Is there a guidance counselor at school you feel can help you express your feelings to your parents or help you figure out what is going on? Being a teenager is hard. The busy technology filled world we live in I think, has made it even harder for teens. I hope you will reach out and find someone who can help you answer questions and help your parents understand your struggles as a teen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X