Social anxietyyyyyy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social anxietyyyyyy

This is my fourth message in two days I'm so sorry to bother you guys this much (wrote toxic mother in family issues). Anyway, because of constant judgement from my parents, I've been afraid of talking at all in school. I have tons of good friends but when asked to speak in class or present I just freak out. Like I have a 10 minute presentation on Thursday and I've already cried over it. My friend has a party Saturday and I don't want to go because of people I don't know and I'm just scared of it all. Speaking and gaining conficence is just really hard for me after most of it has been taken away. I have told my teachers about how I get really anxious in class but my participation grades still plummet even though I get good work grades... any advice ?

Social anxiety is something that many people deal with at some point in their lives. It typically gets easier with practice, so as you begin to do it more and more, it is easier to do. Sometimes it can be helpful to start off in smaller groups, I don't know if that would be allowable by your teacher, but it couldn't hurt to ask. Also, if you have a friend in the class, someone that you're comfortable with, speak with them beforehand about the problem you're having and see if they would mind if you focus on them. Then when you're speaking, look at her/him and act like you just talking to her/him and try to ignore the others around them. Finally, you can try to focus on something on the back wall, this way it will look like you're talking to the group, even though you're not making eye contact directly with them. Hope these hints help and good luck with the speech. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Did the presentation!

Just want to thank the counselor for their advice because I talked to a friend to help me with it, and I got a 92!!! Thank you so much

Comment

You are welcome! It is so good to hear that things went well for you. Please do not hesitate to reach out anytime for support, we are here 24/7, by message board, text, or phone.

Comment

I've been having so much anxiety and stress in one for the past few days. I need some way to calm down me and my anxiety. My teacher told us about this site and I was wondering if you could help with anxiety and stress.

Comment

I am not trying to reply but my school won't let me register so this is the best I can do sorry.
            I've been having so much anxiety in the past few days. I just can't handle it. I have been noticing that I have been slowly turning Emo, and I am having anxiety on how my friends and family will like it. I need some help.

Comment

If you decide that you want to change some things about yourself that is totally up to you! Try not to worry so much about what other people will think about you if you do decide to change some things. It is probably best to gain as much support from your family and friends regarding this anxiety so that you have people to talk to when you are feeling this stressed out. If you are still the same person, changing a little bit is not going to affect anyone. People change throughout their whole life so it is OK notice that you are changing, and yes it can be stressful but focus on what you want, not what others want! If you want to discuss this further people call or text us at 888-222-2228 we are here 24/7!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X