School stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School stress

School is starting next week and i'm having a nervous breakdown right now because it'll be my very first day in high school ever and I'm attending a very big high school with lots of hall ways and separate buildings, so i'm super stressed and scared that i'm going to get lost and be late for class and that i'll get in trouble and get a detention or something along those lines. Also, I just found out that they changed the amount of classes this year from 4 to 8 and i'm in all honors so that'll be a lot of homework which also means a lot of stress and anxiety on top of all the stress and anxiety I all ready have. It's not like i can drop out of the honors classes because colleges like to see all honors plus the program at school i'm in requires me to have honors for certain classes, but everyone keeps pushing and pushing me to join as many clubs as I can because colleges like that and it increases my chance at a scholarship because if i don't get a good scholarship I cant go to college but with all the homework i wont have time for clubs and stuff and i'm going to get marked for skipping class when realistically can't find the class and if i get lost for to long there wont be any teachers to help me in the hall way! And one of the THREE summer readings we had to read and do book reports on (more stress) went on and on about how know cares in high school and the teachers don't care they just let you fend for yourself, and i'm scared that's true because why would the high school make you read as a FRESHMAN that high school sucks and your going to be all alone with no staff willing to help if it wasn't true? I'M FREAKING OUT!!!! and i'm scared and don't know what to do and my mom just laughed in my face when i asked for advice. help please.

Most people feel nervous about starting a new school especially high school. So believe me when I say there are so many others in your position feeling the same way. Teachers know that freshman don't know the school and will give you some time to learn your schedule and find the right class. Try meeting people in homeroom that have the same class as you and walking with them so you won't feel as nervous about not finding the class. It does sound like you have a lot going on, so before you take on too much stress get through the first month of school and assess your work load. You will have to prioritize and see what you can handle before you take on too many extra curriculars. Then once you see how you are doing maybe you will be able to slowly join some groups, but not before you have control over your stress/anxiety and a handle on your school work. I can understand these fears and as scary as they are they are normal. Yes, you may come across some teachers that are not as helpful BUT most of them do want to help you and help you succeed. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 12PM-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X