Stress attacks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress attacks

Last year was my first year of high school and I had this English teacher, who I have again this year, that likes to assign big projects over the span of a month or so. Between last ear and this year there have been like 5 projects and when it gets down to 2 or so weeks left I began to really get stressed and feel like I was going to fail it. Last year I would have a huge break down in my room but this year for the last project we got to choose what we made for the project and I had started having this huge breakdown and I had self-harmed from stress and I could feel myself having a panic attack and I'm affraid this is going to happen again soon and I'm scared its gonna happen again, but be worse this time than the last time.

Anxiety and stress are normal to a point and the key is to learn how to manage it so you don't make yourself too overwhelmed or allow it to become too difficult to function. Since the project is causing so much stress, perhaps you can arrange a meeting with your teacher with your parents to address your anxiety. You can even talk to your guidance counselor about this, he/she can help you talk to your parents and your teacher. The school can help so don’t hesitate to ask for help!!!
    It’s good that you recognize that self-harm is not a healthy way to cope with stress and don’t want to do it again. If you need more support with this visit Teen Self Injury @ www.self-injury.net or you can call them at (800) 366-8288.

In addition, here are some useful tips that can help you try to take control of your anxiety. One is to notice when you’re experiencing it so you can manage it (recognize the trigger). Remember to take deep and calm breaths, be mindful of your negative thoughts and be realistic, meaning don’t assume the worst of your school project. You don’t know what the grade will be but you did your best and that’s all any of us can do!!! Remind yourself that you will get through this, there is an end to the assignment, and it will not last forever. Ask yourself a few questions too when you find yourself getting too anxious like, what is the worst that can happen with the assignment? Is this the most important thing in the grand scheme of your life? I hope this has helped some, Good Luck with your project! Call 2NDFLOOR anytime if you want to talk more at 888-222-2228 or text us daily 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X