Clique in My Class I Can't Handle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clique in My Class I Can't Handle

So there's this group of kids in my class that is basically a giant clique. And there's this one girl who I REALLY do not like. Everyone in that group has seem to grow a distaste for me which I understand. I'm direct, don't sugarcoat, challenge the class for discussion, etc. I'm in the classroom for a reason and that's to learn and discuss. Not goof off and be rude like they are almost 25/7. I talked to my teacher about some minor problems and just venting but she doesn't seem to have done anything about it. It's been getting worse. But I don't know if it's "bad enough" to tell my teacher again. I mean I know my emotions are valid and important but I don't know if I'm overreacting or just being sensitive (which I tend to be). It's just been an annoyance so that's why I'm hesitating but it's been increasing in intensity of rude behavior and how often they respond negatively when I open my mouth. I don't know what to do and if I should wait to see if it gets worse.

Sorry to hear about this problem. No one should ever treat you in a negative way, especially when you are doing nothing wrong. I don't think it would hurt to talk to the teacher again about this problem. Maybe this time around discuss with her how it's getting worse and so are your emotions about it. It may even be a good idea to meet with your school counselor about your feelings. Unfortunately you can't control other peoples actions and words, but you can help to control your own feelings about it. It may even be suggested that you speak to the principal about these things because he/she may have some control over their behavior. If you would like to talk about this further please give us a call at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X