Improving Homework Efficiency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving Homework Efficiency

I am in 9th grade a I am currently enrolled in four honors courses. All of my teachers recommended that I stay on the Honors/AP track for next year. I would love to do this, but each higher level course adds a lot of homework, which I am exceptionally slow at. Add that to the extracurriculars I'm looking at (theatre, marching band, tutoring, etc.) and I'm really worried about being overworked and low on sleep next year.

I was wondering if you have any suggestions for time management and finishing homework faster. I'm aware that this is not 2ndfloors focus, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well first of all congratulations for being recommended for four honors classes! The teachers must have a lot of confidence in you for these recommendations. I do understand this is a lot to take on especially if AP classes will be added on too. Have you spoken to your teachers about the homework? Because of the rigor of the classes, I do not think they can reduce the assignments but maybe they have some suggestions too. It is difficult to juggle a lot of things especially with a tough academic work load and extracurricular activities.

How do you keep track of everything you have to do? Do you have a calendar outlining everything? Not only when homework is due but when you're going to work on it. Unfortunately, it looks like with everything you're doing something might have to give. Maybe you can't tutor next year or you might have to give up some time hanging out with your friends.
    Have you tried to figure out why it takes you so long to complete your assignments? Are you able to focus? Are you completing your homework in a quiet place? Maybe try going to a local library to complete your work. Do you work better in study groups? Do you study better with note cards? These are all questions you need to ask yourself.

Check out this article. It lists 7 time management strategies for teens. http://www.fastcompany.com/3027809/w...nage-prodigies. Hope this helps!

Please feel free to contact 2NDFLOOR YOUTH HELPLINE 24/7 if you want to discuss this or anything else. You can also text us any day between 4-8 PM. 888-222-2228.
    Good Luck and keep you head up, you will figure this all out!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X