Starting a new school

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a new school

Hi I'm starting 9th grade this fall. And I'm nervous about starting at my new school this fall, I'm going to a school thats a school for kids on the spectrum, high functioning students like myself and low functioning students. Before this year, I when to a when to pubic school district, and I had gone their from K-8th grade. My mom, dad, me and my mobile therapist feeled it was a good idea to start a school that would be a Better fit for me and my needs, so we visited severe schools around where I live and we pick a new school! So, I have been full of nerves about starting my new school, even thought I had gone to there summer program this summer, meet lots of new friends and meet lots of nice staff there too. I think it's school and I going to love it there , but I'm going to miss my friends, won't be to see my brother at school anymore, I going to miss puting on my unform everyday for school (my new school doesn't have unforms for school). most of all, Being there for my friends when they need someone to talk too . And when I think about it my heart breaks a little bit knowing I may never be able to see were help them ever again! Please help me when you can. Thanks!

Change can be fun and exciting and it's great that you are so happy to start in your new school, however, change can also have downsides as well. The first thing to remember is that humans are very resilient creatures. We are great at adapting to new situations and having them feel comfortable after an adjustment period. Another thing to think about is that you can still be there for your old friends if you want to...just not in person during school days. There are plenty of ways to stay in touch with people these days: Telephones, e-mail, Facebook, other social media sites, and after school visits. Just because you aren't going to the same school anymore doesn't mean your friendship has to end (although sometimes they do) and keep in mind all the new friends you'll be making that will be looking for you help too. Good luck at the new school! Have a great time. You can text us at 888-222-2228 between 4pm-8pm daily for additional help.

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X