Schoolwork

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schoolwork

I used to be smart and have good grades but now I can't seem to. I get home and spend the entirety of the day doing homework and repeat the same cycle every week day. On the weekends I'm doing homework for the majority of it. I can't get motivated to do anything anymore. Like right now, I should be doing work because if I don't I'm going to have to rush but I can't get myself to do it. My family is criticizing me for not getting the same grades as I used to and saying "this school is eating you up" and "you're drowning". They also say I'll never get into my dream college with these grades, which makes it worse. I can't study, so I am failing tests and quizzes. I'm just not happy anymore. Every time I try to tell someone they tell me to go away before I can get it out. Anyways my main question is how do I become more motivated to do better? Thank you so much!!

Glad you reached out to us. It sounds like you were trying your best. Try reaching out to a teacher in school or a classmate or a guidance counselor and tell them that you’re struggling to complete all the homework, and can they offer you some guidance or help. Maybe you can get a study partner and that can help you feel more motivated because you’ll be completing the work together?! Remember to give yourself some breaks during homework, so maybe set a timer for every half hour give yourself a break. Maybe you can write your parents a note explaining how you feel, it’s non verbal communication. It’s OK have all the answers and to ask for help. Please reach out to us anytime, you can call or text 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Even though motivating yourself to do work is tough, it sounds like you are still working hard to finish it! I am similar to you in that I have no motivation for homework, and am trying to work on this issue myself. The biggest help for m was over time just accepting that maybe I can’t keep up the good grades I had before, and that’s OK, not getting into a good college is not the end of the world. This was hard for me because my older sister goes to Princeton… but with time I learned I do not want to pressure myself, which lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. Right now, I am trying to get a 504 plan which gives accommodations for schoolwork. Also definitely try talking to your counselor, especially if your school has a good mental health program. It was one of the most helpful things for me! Even if others don’t listen to you, you are persevering through! You got this!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X