After to go to college

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After to go to college

I leave to college in three weeks and it’s ten hours away and I’m so scared.

Hello, thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. First, congratulations on your acceptance to college. This is a huge milestone. If you are nervous about being far away from home, try scheduling visits with your family and friends prior to your departure. Maybe having a trip home planned will ease your nerves. Also, although you are far from home, you can still communicate with family and friends. Try discussing how often and when you and your family and/or friends will have time to chat through call or text. Also, print our pictures of your family members and friends you can decorate your dorm room with. These can serve as a constant reminder that they are there for you even if they are not physically there. One last thing- get involved at school. College is a fun, new experience however, it can definitely be intimidating. Good news is you are not alone. Surround yourself with other students and express you emotions. I am sure most of them are feeling the same way. If you would like to continue chatting, please call or text us. Our number is 888-222-2228.

Comment

Congratulations on beginning your new role as a college student! You are going to experience so many new things and meet so many new people! I understand how nerve-wrecking it can be to move far away from home for the first time and likely for a long period of time. My best advice would be to always give yourself something to look forward too. For example, you can schedule trips back home for the weekend on weeks when you know you’re not super busy! Or even just looking forward to your breaks can be very helpful. Another piece of advice I would give is to get involved with school, join clubs or boards that interest you and stay busy with friends! You can also bring items from your home that give you comfort or remind you of home such as pictures to decorate your dorm room with. Always remember, you are not alone and plenty of students feel homesick at one point or another during their college experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X