marks on my legs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marks on my legs

I have a problem with self abuse and today I hit my tennis racket really hard against my legs. Two red marks that looked like scratches appeared. At first I wasn't worried because I thought it would go away but it has been about eight hours and they're still there. Please calm my nerves and tell me it's a) not serious or b) at least I don't have to tell my mom to take me to the Doctor.

So it sounds like you are struggling with some things. Self-harm is not a fix for any emotional turmoil your feeling because once the pain wears off, your feelings will still be there. It is a temporary feel good that seems like an answer, but in reality does nothing to solve problems, it just creates new ones. Check out www.selfinjury.com for more info and help with that.
    Do you have anyone that you trust and can confide in about your feelings? Close friend? Relative? Trusted adult? Do you have a counselor that you can talk to about your frame of mind? If not, maybe it is time to get one. Here is the number to NJ Mental Health Cares at 877-294-4357, they can find a local provider for you.

Listen, there is a reason you are harming yourself and it is not something that typically gets better on its own. It takes work on your part and help from others. It would be a good time to tell your mom what happened and go to the doctor to get yourself assessed. If you need further assistance then don’t hesitate to call 2NDFLOOR at any time to talk at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7 to help you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X