My boyfriend wants to cut himself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boyfriend wants to cut himself

My boyfriend wants to cut himself and he claims that since he is sunburned that when he looks down at his scars (which are not able now from the sunburn) all of the things that made him wanna cut himself come back to him, he told me that he wants to curl up into a ball but he's afraid the outcome will be bad. The last time he did he cut himself, I stopped him from doing it several times before but I just don't wanna see him hurt again what can I do

I am sorry to hear that your boyfriend is struggling with self-harm. Sometimes mistakes happen and it is important for him to not relive that event over and over again or punish himself for it. Its great that your boyfriend has you for support, but it’s important that he try to get professional counseling. Here is the number to NJ Mental Health Cares (866) 202- 4357.
    Deciding to stop self-injury is a very personal decision. Remember, he should not get discouraged that he relapsed before, he can still choose to stop right now. Here are some resources online, such as www.selfinjury.com or www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org, please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help! We are here 24/7.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 07-02-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X