Anorexia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anorexia

It all started in July. I weighed myself “97” was the number I saw. I had already ate a lot of food and I’m 5’4, 11 years old, almost 12. I know I’m not overweight but it feels like that. I see myself in the mirror and I’m quite thin, I have ab muscles that are pretty toned. I began eating less and skipping meals, sometimes not eating at all. I am now 93 lbs, the lightest was 85 in August. I lost weight rapidly, didn’t get my menstrual cycle and lost hair, this continues to happen. I forced myself to throw up and still do. I binge ate and sometimes still do. I’m stressed and hiding this from everybody I know. I want to know what to do. Can you help?

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing. It’s a really good thing that you are aware that this is a problem and want help. You need support from an adult. I encourage you to talk to a family member or counselor in school. Here is also a resource you can check out: National Eating Disorder Association, 1-800-931-2237, www.nationaleatingdisorders.com
    Please call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline for further assistance. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I can relate to everything you're saying. Know that you are not alone, and that it gets better. I got help, and would definitely recommend some to you, such as the resources provided by the moderator. Just know that you are valuable, worthy, and beautiful, and you should treat yourself with love not punishment. You can overcome this, I promise. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X