Depression, I really need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression, I really need help

Hi, I'm a freshmen in high school and I really need some help. I think I'm depressed but I dont know for sure. I've been sad and lonely for many years, I've also been bullied during those years. I would hide myself in my sweat jacket because im too afraid to wear what i want because i feel like people dont like who i am. Im not happy with myself at all. I always think "whats the point of life if im just going to die eventually" or "why am i here?". I feel incredibly ignored by my friends because I've been excluded from everything they've done in the past few years. I feel like they're drifting from me on purpose but I've been friends with them forever. My best friend replaced me and i just cant take it anymore. I told them how i felt but they didnt care and i dont have the confidence to make new friends. I'm also dealing with a breakup from a few days ago and i've been on and off with my emotions. I'm just a mess and i cant talk to my parents about it because they're not professionals and they wouldn't help. They also drink alcohol a lot and argue all the time and it really aggravates me and stresses me out. I really want help because im tired of feeling this way, i feel left behind, i feel as if i annoy my friends and weigh them down because im not as popular as them. I get so sad that at random i would start to cry. i hate feeling this way and i really want to feel better...

It sounds like you are definitely going through alot, and that you have had some rough school years. Being bullied and then ignored by friends can be hard for anyone to deal with. It is understandable that both the bullying and issues with your friends may have caused upsetting and lonely feelings. Also, just going through a break up can definitely add some additional stress to your already lonely feelings. With all of these strong feelings going on, it sounds like you may really benefit from talking with your school counselor or at the very least getting in touch with your school guidance office to talk. School guidance counselors can provide you a judgement free and confidential space to share your feelings and maybe help provide some coping strategies for the different things that you are facing. In addition, you may also want to try to do some self coping skills such as writing or drawing out your feelings when you are sad. This may be a great way to get out your feelings when you dont feel like you can share them with anyone else.

If your feelings of not wanting to live anymore happen more often or seem to be getting stronger for you, we would also reccomend letting a counselor know or contacting emergency services so they can assist you. If you would like to talk more about this please feel free to contact 2NDFLOOR at 1-888-222-2228, we are available 24/7!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X