Why do I feel like this? :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I feel like this? :(

Hi ok so Im a teenage girl and I am not super skinny but Im not fat or chubby either...I do dance and I very good at it. For some reason, I think it goes along with my anxiety issues but I constantly feel like I am going to gain pounds or get fat. Why I feel like this I don't know. So, after I had a milkshake from Mcdonalds today( I never go their to eat) I feel so mad and angry and their is a whole bunch of emotions going through me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to eat but lately Im just worried that I am going to gain pounds. I want it to stop and I just want to be how I was a couple years ago.( Not worried about my weight)

I don’t know exactly how old you are but in the adolescent years your body is going to change all the time. You’re going through puberty and your hormones affect a lot of what is going on with your moods and body’s physical appearance. As long as your exercise and eat health on a regular basis then its fine to have a milk shake when you want. It’s never a good idea to strip yourself from foods you enjoy because it will only make you want them more. If you are really worried about things then go to your primary doctor and do a yearly physical to make sure everything is okay. As far as thinking about everything you’re eating that can lead to an eating issue, so try to make a choice everyday not to think about everything you put in your mouth. Just try to make a goal of it in the morning and then let it go. I hope this has helps some!

Also look at some educational websites such as www.teenagehealthfreak.org/ or www.puberty101.com. Teen Health Freak has subcategories that you can click on about puberty, metabolism, and hormones which are all contributing factors to your body’s physical appearance. I have included The National Eating Disorder Association website as well so you can explore it @ www.nationaleatingdisorders.org. There are resources and online blogs/stories. If you ever need to talk further, call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 anytime. We are here 24-7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X