Ocd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocd

Hi, so I think I have OCD. (This is on mobile, please disregard spelling errors.) I'm a 15 year old guy and have been suffering from this undiagnosed condition for a while now. The three main things that bother me include: not feeling satisfied, having to do everything in even sets, and rewriting things after having done so flawlessly. I will shut my door and have to redo it because it didn't click just right. But then because of this, I have to do it again so it is in a pair (even set). In school when I take notes I will erase my work and rewrite it all because the first time didn't feel right. This causes me to fall behind. Also, writing certain rounded numbers (2, 3, etc ) causes me to freeze up and I don't know why. Other symptoms include me getting random violent thoughts, preforming a certain routine every night before bed and more. I have tried to talk to my parents but they just say that I will get over it. Can somebody please help?

OCD is not an uncommon problem and it's something that is treatable with therapy and in some cases medication. Give your parents another shot. Make sure they know it isn't a phase and it's not going to go away by itself over time. It's something that needs to be treated and then it can begin getting better. Let them know that you want to get help because it's negatively impacting your life. Look up mental health counselors in your area. There are usually a lot to choose from. Make sure they have experience with treating OCD. Maybe if you went to your parents with a list of professionals in your area, they would recognize how serious you are about getting help. If that still doesn't work, maybe try speaking with a guidance counselor and seeing if they can help with setting up a meeting with your parents or if they know of any sources that might help. As a last resort, you might look for online groups of people that also deal with OCD, but that is probably the least helpful form of treatment. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X