Obese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obese

Hi. Well, I'm not proud of it, but I recently discovered that I am obese. I have been overweight all my life, but I am 5 foot 1 and done growing, weighing 175 pounds. I'm almost 18 and a girl. My BMI is about 32, and that means I have A LOT to lose. My problem is that I lose weight very very slowly. I have tried so many programs and tried changing my eating habits, but no matter what I do, it seems that I can only lose a few pounds. I have been working hard for about 2 months now, and I've lost 1.3 pounds. I work super duper hard, drink lots of water and barely any sweets! So why can't I seem to drop the weight? My whole family has a history of being overweight, having diabetes and cancer, and I don't want to be any of those! I'm really starting to lose hope. I've been trying different programs for the past three years and I can't get into a normal weight range! What do I do? Is there something wrong with me? Do I need to get some sort of weight loss surgery, even though I'm just a teenager?!

Hello,

I'm glad you posted this question on the 2ndfloor message board! Successful, safe and long term weight loss starts and ends with medical montioring by your physician. It is very important that you do not attempt any weight loss program you see advertised on TV or in magizines or on the internet before consulting with your doctor. Most successful weight loss programs involve an individual having contact with several different professionals in conjunction with their personal physician. For example, your personal physician may refer you to a nutritionist, a personal trainer and a counselor, all of whom bring a different skill to the table to insure your weight loss is safe and long term. Please schedule an appointment with your doctor and begin the process. Best of luck to you and please call the 2ndfloor help line when necessary for support! 888-222-2228. Take care!

2ndfloor Staff

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X