how to cope

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to cope

so 2 months ago i was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia my subtype is m7, as of right now my anc and rbc counts are where you would expect them to be. my blood is a little ove 80% cancer. i feel like i am depressed. At first i wasnt sad about it at all, like i clearly was like YAY CANCER but at the same time i wasnt gonna have a pity party for myself, i knew i had to keep my chin up. but lately i havent been responding well to chemo. its like my body doesnt want to ge better. I have been sad about this lately. my parents are just saying to ge over it and focuse on getting better. my doctors are saying its because im have been in the hospitle for over a month. I dont know how to tell them that i think is more them just being sad about the cancer, because im honsetly not sad about that, but i dont know what is making me so sad.

It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. Sometimes certain medicines can affect your emotions, try talking with your doctor about how you are feeling and ask about the side effects to your medications. Be open and honest with your parents about what is going on inside of you. You can also try to make a list of things that have brough you joy throughout your lifetime and try engaging in some of those activities. Please feel free to call us anytime, we are available 24/7 at 1-888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X